We’re excited to offer you the chance to attend a virtual screening of The Mauritanian! Jodie Foster and Tahar Rahim were both nominated for Golden Globe Awards for their amazing performances in the film! Click here for your chance to screen the film from the comfort of your home on Wednesday, February 24 at 7pm MT! We hope you’ll pop some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy a new movie with us!
Virtual Screening Details:
- If you RSVP, you will receive a confirmation email.
- An hour before the screening starts, you will receive a unique, encrypted link in an email that will allow you to access the “online screening room.”
- Screenings have a limit, so the sooner you click the link, the sooner you can confirm your spot.
- You can stay on the countdown page until time elapses. If you close the page on accident, you can still come back through the same link in the email and you will not lose their spot.
- Once the countdown ends, you can start the movie!
- By default, you will have 20 minutes to start the movie and up to 30 minutes of pause time (but this may vary, so we encourage you to not pause if you don’t need to).
- The Ticktbox platform recommends watching from one of the main browsers: Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Unfortunately, Smart TV and game console browsers are not supported; however, screenings can be watched on a TV if you connect your computer (or device) via HDMI or use a screen mirroring device, such as Airplay or Chromecast.
- See the bottom of this post (below the trailer) for FAQs.
Synopsis: Directed by Kevin Macdonald and based on the NY Times best-selling memoir “Guantánamo Diary” by Mohamedou Ould Slahi, this is the inspiring true story of Slahi’s fight for freedom after being detained and imprisoned without charge by the U.S. Government for years. Alone and afraid, Slahi (Tahar Rahim) finds allies in defense attorney Nancy Hollander (Jodie Foster) and her associate Teri Duncan (Shailene Woodley) who battle the U.S. Government in a fight for justice that tests their commitment to the law and their client at every turn. Their controversial advocacy, along with evidence uncovered by a formidable military prosecutor, Lt.Colonel Stuart Couch(Benedict Cumberbatch), uncovers shocking truths and ultimately proves that the human spirit cannot be locked up.
Experience a life-changing story of trust and hope. On demand everywhere March 2. #TheMauritanian
Frequently Asked Questions
– What happens if I lose connection with my computer? If you lose connection or need to pause the video, you may be allotted a brief amount of time to rejoin the screening. This allotment is typically 15-30 minutes, but depending on the security features for certain movies, this is not guaranteed. If you pause for longer than this period, the movie will automatically resume and pausing will no longer be available. If you are disconnected for an extended period, you will not be able to rejoin.
– What devices can I use to watch the screening? Our online screenings are compatible with most computers, laptops, and mobile devices. We recommend Chrome or Firefox (Safari and Edge are also supported). For the best experience, we recommend watching on a large screen versus a mobile device.
– How can I watch it on my TV? If you connect a computer or laptop to your TV via HDMI, you would be able to view there. Due to security and anti-piracy measures, certain cast options such as Airplay or Fire TV Stick are restricted.
– Can I pause the screening? Typically yes, you may be allotted a brief amount of time should you need to pause. This allotment is roughly 15-30 minutes – should you exceed this time, the movie will automatically resume and pausing will no longer be available. Depending on the security features for certain movies, this is not guaranteed.
– Can I watch on multiple devices? No, unfortunately you are only able to watch from a single device. Once you start viewing the screening, you must continue with that device for the rest of the film.
– Page says: Screening already started. Screenings begin promptly at their start time. Unfortunately, once that time passes we cannot admit anyone else to start viewing.
– I am seeing buffering with the video. Please ensure your device does not have any ongoing downloads or streams in the background. In the video player, you can click the settings option to change quality (or set to auto) to reduce buffering.
– The video isn’t playing. Check your Internet connection to ensure you have a good network signal. After that, if you are still having an issue, ensure you have the most updated version of your browser. You can also try restarting your browser or computer/device. We recommend Chrome or Firefox (Safari and Edge are also supported).